OpenPandora is a one of a kind open source handheld gaming device. The device was designed and based on the suggestions contributed by GP32X (a web forum) members with only one gold in mind: to be the ultimate open source handheld device. The device has shown working emulators for Dreamcast, Playstation One, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Mega Drive, Atari Jaguar and older platform such as the Amiga. It’s a very impressive handheld.
Taken from the website:
- ARMÂ® Cortexâ„¢-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
- 430-MHz TMS320C64x+â„¢ DSP Core
- PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
- 800×480 4.3″ 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
- Wifi 802.11b/g, Bluetooth & High Speed USB 2.0 Host
- Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV outpu
- Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
- 43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
- Around 10+ Hours battery life
The 2nd wave of pre-orders are currently underway. Over 900 units were shipped and are hoping to finish the first batch by February. Meanwhile, you can now buy it through this website for $500. They also have parts for the unit itself also for sale on the same website. If you can wait, I would suggest to just pre-order them through the OpenPandora website since it only cost $350 ($150 less than the other website).