Diablo 3 dropped just over a week ago, as I am sure many of you know. Personally, I want to play it, but just flat out don’t have the time now.
Originally revealed at Blizzcon 2011, the Collectors Edition contains the full game, plus numerous bonus features including a behind the scenes DVD and an art book. Retail was $99.00 and available from most of the usual places.
- Diablo III full game.
- Behind the scenes making of DVD.
- Diablo III Soundtrack.
- The Art of Diablo III book.
- Diablo skull and 4gig USB soulstone.
- The full games: Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction come loaded on the flashdrive.
- The soulstone USB fits into the skull as a resting place/decoration item.
- Special digital bonus features in Blizzard games:
- “Aesthetic Artifacts” in Diablo III: Two special color dyes (Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke) and glowing Tyrael’s Angelic Wings. The wings toggle on and off. You can use all these items as many times as you want and can transfer to other characters on a single account via the shared Stash.
- World of Warcraft Fetish Shaman pet.
- Starcraft II Battle.net character portraits
Not surprisingly, it has quickly sold out and is fetching double on eBay. Most auctions are closing at $200 – $220. Some of the Autographed versions from the official launch party at Irvine spectrum in California have been hitting prices as high as $500. They include over 150 signatures, including game director Jay Wilson and CEO Michael Morhaime.[phpbay keywords=”Diablo 3 Collector’s Edition” num=”6″ siteid=”1″ sortorder=”BestMatch” templatename=”columns” columns=”3″]