Halloween Is Coming – So Too Is The Amnesia Video Game Collection
Halloween Is Coming-Time To Bust Out The Survival Horror Games
So I don’t know about all of you, but I love Halloween. Costumes, candy, and haunted houses—the best time of year for people who like all things horror related. Survival horror games can bring about that same feeling. The Amnesia video game is probably one of the scariest series out there. Especially, the first game Amnesia Dark Descent.
The series from Frictional Games originally released on Windows, Mac, and Linux (you can get it for PC here on eBay or on Amazon) in 2010. On November 22, 2016, all three games in the series will be available on PS4 as the Amnesia collection.
Frictional Games was a small indie game developer keeping their fingers crossed that they would have a chance to keep making video games. When they seemed to be at the end of the line, the Penumbra series took off. They suddenly became well-known as masters of horror games, which saved their business. The new goal was to not just make great games but to make the scariest game ever made. And a lot of people would say they succeeded.
An Overview of The Amnesia Video Game Series
Amnesia Dark Descent is the first in the series and attributed as possibly THE game that made video game streaming as popular as it is today. This game puts as much importance on mental health as physical health. Set in a 19th century castle, you’re playing from a first-person perspective as Daniel, a Londoner essentially running for your life. What sets this game apart is that you don’t have any weapons, all you can do is run and hide and do your best to protect yourself from the monsters. And above all else – survive.
Can Lightning Strike Twice With Side Projects Like Amnesia Justine?
Amnesia A Machine for Pigs is he second in the series. It’s an indirect sequel made by The Chinese Room on behalf of Friction Games. This one takes place at the turn of the 20th century and has its own, separate characters. The third Amnesia video game is a side project, Amnesia Justine. This one was originally intended as a promotion for Valve’s Portal 2. The thing that stands out about this entry in the series is that you play as a female. Justine tells you that you are part of a psychological experiment and guides you throughout the game.
On the subject of horror games, here’s a list of other games and other merch I found:
- Zombiu PAX Prime 2012 EXCLUSIVE Brand New/Sealed Promo Mask – 2 are available, unopened, only $12. Pax exlusives for the Zombiu release on Wii U
- Alien: Isolation (Sony PlayStation 4, 2014) – Bidding is only around $1 with days left.
- Autographed UNTIL DAWN Photo Signed By Supermassive Games Development Team – Signed by Will Byles (Director), Lee Robinson (Production Designer), Tom Heaton (Design Director), and Barney Pratt (Audio Director). 10×8 photo
- Resident Evil 2 Poster Ad Print 10″ X 15″ Capcom Survival Horror Playstation – There are 2 of these available. Seller actually removed this ad from a gaming mag from the late 90’s
- Alan Wake Pen Light Laser Pointer – You can get this release promo item for only $20. Given out as a promo for the Xbox 360 release
- Alan Wake – Limited Collector’s Edition (Xbox 360) – Near Mint Condition – 12 people are already watching this. This is a deal worth checking out, and the shipping is free. These collector’s editions are still somewhat affordable for the time being.
- Dead Space Collectors Edition Art Book with 3D Glasses – This was included with the collector’s edition. Should include the 3d glasses
- Five nights at freddys nightmare springtrap frightlight extremely rare – This is one I’ve never seen before! The flashlight projects Freddy jumping out at you at random intervals. This is a pretty neat prop