So how many of you played the ps1? I’m raising both of my hands, just so you know. I was a late adopter of the PS1/N64. So, most of the games I played on those consoles (somewhere around 97) came in the old jewel cases like any other CD. The longbox is what we’re all used to with the games we play today. Heck, we even have steel cases now. Some of you might know about these games already or have heard of them called longboxes or ps1 big box games.
I was trying to track down the exact number of these games out there and came up with anywhere from 102 to 106. The reason this issue came up at all is because of this listing on the ‘bay: Ps1 Longbox Complete Collection of ALL 102 Games! SUPER RARE!!
This is a ps1 lot that includes a huge collection of 102 games made for PS1 and sold in the longbox/big box. I’m not going to lie; the price is steep. But, these longbox games seem to be in phenomenal condition. Most are mint or near mint. Not only are the disks good, but the cases are in darn near perfect condition as well. Compound that with the steady rise in PS1 game prices, and you will see this lot is actually underpriced all things considered.
The seller has a 100% rating through just over 200 sales. They go into detail in the item description about all of the things that are right with these games. Obviously, this seller knows what makes and keeps an item valuable. All those little wear and tear we might be used to happening do not apply to the games in this list.
All of the manuals and even the miscellaneous insert stuff they put in the cases is included. It’s a limited time deal, if the lot doesn’t sell in the next two months, it’s going to be broken up and the games sold individually. This seller took a lot of time putting this collection together. The games were truly cared for by this person and he seems (rightfully so) a little torn up about giving them up. Shipping charges are covered by the seller, and the lot will be shipped in smaller, well-packed shipments to make sure the contents are safe and secure.
I looked up some other things you might find interesting:
- Game Buyer Magazine Issues #1 & #2 July & August 1998 RARE OOP Final Fantasy VII – These 2 issues are 10% off right now. Issue 11 (July ’98) and issue 12 (August ’98). They’re in decent condition considering their age. BIN is just over $20 which is great value considering each mag has over 400 reviews.
- RARE TOMB RAIDER FIGURE, Lara Croft – This is a new one for me. Don’t remember ever seeing it before.
- World of Warcraft Stein Blood of the Horde. Epic Collection #1 – Serious collectors item here.
- METAL GEAR SOLID COLLECTION – This is a pretty interesting collection. All the Solid games. All the guides. All the art books. Even a 16 page, in depth review for the last game. I’m seriously considering snapping this one up myself.
- CUSTOM MADE COLLECTIBLE INTELLIVISION LOGO MAGNET (5?”x1½”) – I included there is an Intellivision kid at heart in each of us!
- The Art Of Assassin’s Creed III
- A Huge Lot Of Wholesale Game Stop Promotional Case Art – Roughly 950+ pieces of Game Stop promotional case art from the last gens. Some see trash, I see fine art.
- FOX MCCLOUD PLUSH Star fox Nintendo Video
Did you know that we run a comprehensive catalog of classic video games for FREE??! It’s true! We have a newsletter service that sends you the average prices for all of your favorite classics for yesteryear completely free to you. All you have to do is sign up with your email. We’ll email our e-catalog once a day. Not only do you get a list of prices on your favorite video games, but we also send you links to these games. Just click the link, find a listing that best suits your budget, and watch your collection grow! Click here to get our catalog of classic video games for FREE!!