In July of 2009, Facebook users were introduced to one of the most addicting almost-free-to-play online (MMO) games to date: FarmVille. This simulation/RPG game have generated millions of people in just a few months. 24.6 million to be exact. The game is later released on the iOS platform (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad).
It didn’t take long until someone, or rather a company to notice it’s money potentials. 7-Eleven, a 24-hour convenience store here in the U.S. partnered with Zynga, creators of FarmVille, Mafia Wars and YoVille, to offer branded items on their products which includes Slurpee (yumm..) and Big Gulp.
“Consumers will be able to purchase specially marked products to receive a redemption code that can be used for a new, limited-edition virtual good in one of three Zynga hit games.Â Product codes can be redeemed online at https://www.BuyEarnPlay.com.Â Â In addition, consumers can also earn an Ã¼ber gift in each game by purchasing unique qualifying items and participating in at least one in-game activity, like mastering a crop in FarmVille, vaulting a collection in Mafia Wars and redeeming seven items in YoVille.FarmVille, the Ã¼ber gift is 200 FarmVille cash; Mafia Wars, 50 Skill Points, and YoVille, a virtual Slurpee machine.“
- FARMVILLE CASH WITH “RARE ITEMS/CODES – Sold for $45
- 8 Farmville / Yoville / Mafia Wars Codes – Sold for $20
- Farmville Chocolate Persimmon Tree Code (one) – Sold for $2.54 (3 Bids)
- Farmville Sandwich Cart Code (one) – Sold for $3.25 (4 Bids)
- Lot: FARMVILLE CASH (200) ITEMS/CODES TO GET – Sold for $26 (7 bids)
- Lot: 8 Codes Unlock 200 Farmville Cash w/ NEO COW – Sold for $19.85 (BIN?)
- 3 codes for Cow, Tower & CoffeeCart – Sold for $16.51 (7 Bids)
- Ice Cream + NEAPOLITAN COW & CALF Code – Sold for $7
- HIGH DIVE Code – Sold for $7
- Neapolitan cow – Sold for $5.25
- MAFIA WARS PALERMO PROWLER CODE POTATO CHIP – Sold for $3.50